    How do I cause it to default to FireFox instead of any other browser
    on my machine when I trigger a link in a PDF?
    TIA

    helmsman, Mar 6, 2005

  2. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    Set Firefox to your default browser in windows.

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005

  3. helmsman

    ronald Guest

    pdf files need a pdf reader.... Firefox is not a pdf reader...
    get pdfrd.zip
    it's free... it's small... it works
    google for foxit

    ronald, Mar 6, 2005
  4. helmsman

    helmsman Guest

    I have it set as my default browser and every link I trigger
    defaults to FireFox except the links in a PDF. They open IE
    which is not my default browser and is even blocked by ZA.
    Whatever the problem is it is exclusive to Adobe Reader. :')

    helmsman, Mar 6, 2005
  5. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    If I understood the OPs question he wanted Firefox to open when he
    clicked a www link in an allready open .pdf file. It was not a
    question of opening the .pdf files

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005
  6. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    Was Firefox your default browser when you installed Adobe Reader? I
    just tried to make the switch to Mozilla on my machine, and it
    required a repair install of Adobe Reader with Mozilla set as default
    before it would work. This is Adobe Reader vers 7 though

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005
  7. helmsman

    helmsman Guest

    No, IE was. I did a Detect and Repair, but no cigar.
    I'm using Adobe 6.0.1
    Should I just un install Adobe and re download it with FireFox?

    helmsman, Mar 6, 2005
  8. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    As I mentioned, I was able to switch from IE to Mozilla to Firefox
    with no problems with Adobe Reader vers 7 as long as I did a repair
    install of Adobe Reader when making the switch. So maybe updating your
    Adobe Reader could be a solution to your probs if there is not other
    factors preventing this

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005

  9. Upgrade to v7. Works fine here.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 6, 2005
  10. helmsman

    helmsman Guest

    First I tried to fix 6 and no luck.
    Then I tried to download 7 with FoxFire from this page

    When I tried to download 7.0
    I got AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe instead and it still defaults to IE.

    helmsman, Mar 6, 2005
  11. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    Then try this link: http://tinyurl.com/664p2 real links is
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep_servefile.html?
    hasjavascript=1&esdcanbeused=1&esdcanhandle=0&language=English
    &platform=WinXP&connectionspeed=broadband&option=full&nodlm=1&x=20&y=9
    That should take you to the Adobe Reader 7

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005
  12. helmsman

    helmsman Guest

    Nice try, No cigar, 7.0 just won't work with ME!

    =The specified program requires a newer version of Windows.
    Errorcode: 1150.1323.01.2.2312
    Please send the error code to http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html

    Thanks anyway.

    helmsman, Mar 6, 2005
  13. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    Then try uninstalling Adobe Reader and then reinstalling it, not just
    the repairinstall. That might do the trick. If not I am just about out
    of ideas

    jda^fx, Mar 6, 2005
  14. helmsman

    helmsman Guest

    I did reinstall 6.0.3 so I thank you all for the help.
    7.0 just doesn't like WinME.

    helmsman, Mar 7, 2005
  15. helmsman

    jda^fx Guest

    No, Adobe stopped developping for win98 with vers 6

    jda^fx, Mar 7, 2005