    to edit the photo in elements. If I pick that selection, it comes back
    stating that it's a raw image and can only be edited in Album. Is it true
    that Elements can't process raw photos from the G5??

    joeB, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Hi Joe,

    << Is it true
    that Elements can't process raw photos from the G5?? >>

    I think so. PSE 2 runs on the PS 6 engine. You needed a plug-in to view raw
    files in PS 7 and earlier. PS CS has raw file capability.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Dec 18, 2003

  3. joeB

    peweg Guest

    Photoshop Elements cannot process RAW files. Adobe was making the
    camera raw plugin, but that is now only available (at least from them)
    as part of Photoshop CS. You'll need a third party solution like C1
    RAW. I've heard IrFanView can do raw, but I have no experience with
    it.

    peweg, Dec 18, 2003
  4. joeB

    Grant Dixon Guest

    Are you sure of this as I have a Canon G1 and it came supplied with "Digital
    Camera RS-232C TWAIN Driver" this imports Canon Raw into Elements, PSP8 and
    Photoshop (plus almost anything else) either for the camera, Scandisk
    reader, or hard disk.

    g.

    Grant Dixon, Dec 18, 2003
  5. That is true. All Album is seeing is the embedded jpg in the raw image
    not precessing the raw image itself. To extract the raw either use the
    Canon software, clunkey as hell, or get some of the many available raw
    converters. I use Capture1 LE and them process in PS7...works great.

    Mike Latondresse, Dec 18, 2003