    | O || | | | | | | | || |
    \______/\_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_____/

    Luke O'Malley, May 3, 2004

  2. Luke O'Malley

    SgtMinor Guest

    Where did you download the book from? Was it supposed to be free? Have
    you contacted the download site to ask for the password?

    SgtMinor, May 3, 2004

  3. -->
    -->Where did you download the book from? Was it supposed to be
    -->free? Have
    -->you contacted the download site to ask for the password?
    -->
    -->Luke O'Malley wrote:
    -->>
    -->> I don't believe it. I downloaded Dante's 'Divine Comedy' and I
    -->> can't print it out. I checked and it said it was not set up to
    -->> print; you need a password. Any suggestions?
    -->>
    -->> Goodwill,
    -->> Luke
    -->>
    Duh!

    I never though of asking them for a password. The site is free,
    that's why I was puzzled & surprised. In the meantime, I downloaded
    a copy from Project Gutenberg.

    Goodwill,
    Luke

    --
    ______ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _____
    / \/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \

    Luke O'Malley, May 4, 2004
  4. That's one of the nice options of PDF. You can prevent prining, you can
    prevent lots of things.

    There's password cracking software around but they all depend on brute
    force to get the password and that can take a long time.

    Jeroen Wijnands, May 4, 2004
  5. Luke O'Malley

    dwacon Guest

    Sometimes, if you have the full version of Adobe, you can email a copy of
    the document to yourself and the one embedded in the email loses the
    security settings. This isn't foolproof and was tested using Acrobat 5. I
    think they're up to version 7 now... they may have plugged that leak.

    dwacon, May 4, 2004
  6. Many thanks!

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, May 4, 2004