    and IE 64 bit and apparently I need to run the 32 bit to see the demo.

    I don't know how to.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    John Melchitt, May 7, 2010

  2. John Melchitt

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, May 7, 2010

  3. John Melchitt

    KCB Guest

    IE8 32 bit is the default browser in Windows 7 64. Maybe you just don't
    have Flash installed properly?

    KCB, May 8, 2010
  4. John Melchitt

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, John.

    Adobe Flash apparently is still stuck in the 20th Century. :>( See this
    Adobe TechNote, updated just this week (5/4/10):

    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/000/6b3af6c9.html

    As you probably know, BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE8 are built into
    Win7. By default, the 32-bit version runs when you click the Big Blue "e".
    To run the 64-bit IE8, you must specifically choose the iexplore.exe file in
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer, rather than the one in C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Internet Explorer.

    I've edited the shortcut to run 64-bit IE, but I'm not sure that was a smart
    move. When I get a message asking if I want to install Flash, I remember
    that I'm running 64-bit. So I just Copy the URL from the Address Box, then
    start 32-bit IE (it's pinned to my Start Menu) and Paste the URL there.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, May 8, 2010
  5. Thank you all for your comments and the problem is now all sorted.

    After I had read all you said I finally followed R.C's advice and, for this
    particular matter, used the 32 bit IE, went to Lulu, clicked Demo and there
    it was. That solved it and I can now revert to the 64 bit option for
    everyday purposes.

    Once again, many thanks to each and all.

    John Melchitt, May 8, 2010
  6. John Melchitt

    XS11E Guest

    Or you could just stay with the 32 bit browser, I don't know of any
    major advantage(s) to the 64 bit browser.

    XS11E, May 8, 2010
  7. Uninstall the flash player 10.

    Use Microsoft's Search for all files and folders names Flash. Do not rely
    on the index, it will not include more resent files, and may not include
    past. Search the drive, not the index. It may take a couple of hours. Do
    not delete any dlls named Flash. Delete everything else named flash, not
    matter what extension. Some folders are set to read only, change those so
    that you can delete them, you may need administrator's privileges. There
    should only be a couple dlls, just don't delete those.

    Flash 10 is suppose to be backwards compatible concerning it's old
    settings, favorites etc files. But, it's not and it conflicts with anything
    previous version put up as settings. Even when you add more settings the
    new format messes with the old system.

    Once, you've deleted everything Flash, re-install it. Microsoft's
    Search is RETARDED.

    The Flavored Coffee Guy, May 18, 2010
  8. You must be a troll since you make no sense at all!

    Bobby Johnson, May 18, 2010