    your possession. Lastly, you also become victim of the service
    provider, service speed, etc., because all the use of the software is
    now cloud-based.

    RichA, May 8, 2013

  2. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    That decision has not be finalized.

    As to music, as usual you are talking without factual foundation. The
    proliferation of low priced video cameras has made your reference to
    movies, laughable.

    this is more likely the future of movies:
    <http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-Promise-Onion-News-Empire-So-Much-54857.html>

    PeterN, May 8, 2013

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    I'm not some Chinese guy earning $3000/year, living in the outskirts
    of Beijing, where going to the movies costs the equivalent of $110 a
    person. I don't want to watch illegally-copied "campots" of movies in
    a theatre done with a video camera, if that is what you are referring
    to. Ownership of a physical medium is KEY to preserving the freedom
    to watch or do with a product what you want.

    RichA, May 8, 2013
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    Whoosh!

    You don't even seem to know who Garry Trudeau is, Nor do you understand
    what he is seeking to accomplish, artistically.

    BTW, Before videotape, how many movies did you "own?" Why do you think
    we had movie theaters. I have a reasonable collection of tapes and CDs,
    but we still go to live concerts, and have willingly purchased tickets
    for shows for far more than $110, each.

    PeterN, May 8, 2013
  5. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    Mayayana, May 8, 2013
  6. RichA

    Guest Guest

    there's actually quite a bit, but what matters is that one does more
    than the other.
    nothing stupid about it.

    why pay for features you don't need?

    if elements does all you need then buy elements. if it doesn't, then
    buy cs or another product that better matches your needs.
    you need to learn how to read.

    i said *pros* can justify the price because it has features they need
    or want. it will probably pay for itself fairly quickly.

    non-pros don't generally need the additional features, so why should
    they pay for features they won't use? in the event they do, they can
    get cs or maybe something else entirely.
    if you are going to say the price of a $1000 mac is too high, then a
    $1000 pc is also too high.

    but you didn't.

    it's always macs are too expensive but similar pcs which cost the same
    are not. in fact, they're never mentioned. that's why it's bashing.

    Guest, May 9, 2013
  7. RichA

    android Guest

    Adobe had, in the early days, an interest in undercutting their market
    opposition. Pirated software did that. New ventures had difficulties in
    establish themself since PS was available for "free" and PS already had
    critical mass in the market. MS and Office, the same thing...
    I'd say that piracy was as good a friend to Adobe and MS as Jolly Roger
    was to Union Jack!

    android, May 9, 2013
  8. RichA

    Guest Guest

    i mentioned google, microsoft and indirectly, amazon (kindle fire) and
    google again (nexus 7).
    what about them?
    he calls it "the mac argument".

    it's not the mac argument. it has nothing to do with macs. with rare
    exception, products that do more cost more. no surprise there.

    if macs are priced too high to attract the user that doesn't need all
    those specs, then so are similar pcs. why doesn't he mention those?

    Guest, May 9, 2013
  9. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the announcement that it will be cloud only and there will be no cs7
    was a couple of days ago.

    any survey you got two weeks ago predates that announcement.
    creative cloud came out last year and the market test was this past
    year.

    presumably, it met their expectations for them do creative cloud only.
    it's a done deal.

    there's always a possibility they might reintroduce a non-cloud
    version, but this would have to fail miserably for them to do that.
    it's not very likely.

    Guest, May 9, 2013
  10. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Yes, it's the "mac argument" that you use.
    The lowest priced Mac is higher in price than many PCs. There are
    people who don't have any interest or need for the additional features
    of the lowest priced Macs, so they feel that the Macs are priced too
    high. They aren't interested in the "do more".

    The "comparable specs" argument doesn't work for them. They want an
    entry level machine at a low price. There's no need to mention PCs
    with "similar" specs. The market segment discussed isn't interested
    in them, either.

    That's no slam against Macs. It's simply a representation of how the
    market works for just about every type of product. Automobiles are a
    prime example of this.

    Tony Cooper, May 9, 2013
  11. RichA

    Guest Guest

    only because it has better specs, not because it's a mac.

    a similar spec pc will have a higher price than those 'many pcs' you're
    talking about.
    and they're not interested in the higher priced pcs either.

    but you don't mention that, do you?

    there are also people who don't have any interest in the cheapest thing
    available. they want a quality product and willing to pay for it.

    you don't mention that either.
    some do, others do not.

    and what they're really interested in is solutions, not specs.
    then there's no need to mention either one, so why single out macs?

    this is about bottom-tier versus mid-tier products, not mac versus pc.
    it's a slam against macs if you only mention macs.

    if you *also* mention similar priced pcs, then it's about price tiers.

    but you don't.
    cars and computers are marketed very differently.

    Guest, May 10, 2013
  12. RichA

    Guest Guest

    they copied it so well that even samsung's lawyers couldn't tell the
    difference in court. that's one way to catch up.
    it has nothing to do with macs. that's what.

    it's different price tiers. that's all.
    if someone only mentions macs, yes. why single them out, when there are
    other products with similar specs that cost about the same?
    i'm objecting to tying it to macs when ignoring that similar pcs cost
    about the same. it's furthers the longstanding myth that macs are more
    expensive. they are not.
    nope, it was about adobe's new cloud strategy and the two tiers of
    photoshop.

    it had nothing whatsoever to do with macs until he brought it up.
    i'm not bound up at all. i'm just calling him on his usual bashing.

    Guest, May 10, 2013
  13. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    Of course it's because it's a Mac. Who do you think decides what
    features/specs a model will have?
    Certainly. But that's not what was said. The statement "The lowest
    priced Mac is higher in price than many PCs" is patently obvious and
    true.
    Of course I did. The higher priced PCs have additional features
    compared to the lower priced PCs. It's right there above this.

    Are you really this thick?

    No, I didn't. There are also people who have no interest in any
    computer of any kind, and I didn't mention that. What I said was that
    some people want the least expensive product.
    So who's arguing with that?
    Yes, and the least expensive can be the solution for some people.
    PCs are mentioned, and have been since the beginning.
    And what, pray tell, do you think determines price tiers? And who
    determines what they will offer?
    You really are dense if you can't connect these dots.

    Honestly, nospam, the more you say the more bullishly stupid you come
    across.

    Tony Cooper, May 10, 2013
  14. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    I don't think that is the "Mac argument" the Mac arguments that I've seen are from those PC users that don't actually understand that the Mac uses more expensive parts and 'better' parts that the PC he see's as having the same or near identical tech specs.

    That's one good way of putting it, but why bring the ability of teh user into it. ?

    i.e the casual non-professional user

    Whisky-dave, May 10, 2013
  15. RichA

    Guest Guest

    no, not because it's a mac.

    the price is higher because it has better specs, just as a similar spec
    lenovo or acer or sony would be priced higher than the 'many pcs'
    you're talking about.
    it's a misleading statement and you aren't going to get away with 'but
    it's true' excuse.

    the lowest price mac also does a whole lot more than many pcs, which is
    why it costs more. that's *also* patently obvious and true.
    *now* you do, after i called you on it. you did not mention pcs in your
    earlier post.

    here's your post:

    you mention apple in the very first sentence. you mention macs twice in
    the second paragraph. nowhere do you mention pcs anywhere in that post.

    you do mention ps cs, which i guess if you have vision problems, could
    look like pcs. maybe that's it.
    not as thick as you.
    some do. not all.

    however, that doesn't have anything to do with macs.
    it can be, but it isn't always.

    many times, the least expensive choice is a bad user experience and
    people are willing to pay for something that doesn't suck. this is what
    companies are starting to realize.

    other times, people realize the cheapest isn't always as much of a
    bargain as they thought, especially when they have to buy all sorts of
    additional stuff to do what they set out to do. or, they realize the
    cheap product just won't cut it no matter what they do and they need
    something more capable, so they end up getting that instead.
    you're a liar. see above.
    features do, not the logo on the box.

    Guest, May 11, 2013
  16. RichA

    Guest Guest

    you need more than just a case, but the point is they copied it.
    overall they do, because samsung has zillions of models and apple has
    only one model plus the two previous year's models.

    if you compare the galaxy s3 (the model that directly competes with the
    iphone 5), samsung sells less than apple, about half as many.

    <http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57570235-37/iphone-5-beats-galaxy-s3-
    as-top-seller-says-report/>
    The iPhone 5 surpassed Samsung's Galaxy S3 last quarter as the
    hottest-selling smartphone worldwide, according to a Strategy
    Analytics report out today.
    exactly.

    might be a mac, might be a pc. it's about the specs, not the logo.
    why single out one brand?
    misinformation does.

    it doesn't matter what the misinformation is about. it could be apple
    or nikon or google or anyone else. if it's wrong, it needs to be
    corrected.

    there just happens to be a *lot* of misinformation about apple.

    Guest, May 11, 2013
  17. RichA

    Tony Cooper Guest

    We are getting to the point here where I can't believe that you are
    serious about what you say. You are denying, apparently, that Apple
    isn't making the decision to offer laptops that are priced higher -but
    offer more features- than many PC laptops. If the manufacturer of the
    product does not make the decision of what to offer, who does?
    Do you deny, though, that many PCs are priced lower than the minimum
    offerings by Mac? The question isn't about "why", but about whether
    or not the statement is true. You are arguing a point not made.
    No, it's not misleading at all. It's absolutely and obviously true
    and misleads no one.
    Well, I'm not sure that "do a lot more" is necessarily true. All
    laptops, essentially, do the same thing. The OS may allow one to do
    something better, the screen may present a clearer image, the
    mechanical components may be of better quality...but they basically
    all do the same thing. There are some things, like a built-in video
    camera, that are not present in all laptops, but that's about it for
    "do".
    Bizarre. Who determines what the features will be if not the people
    in the company whose logo it is? Features don't make any decisions.
    They are the result of decisions.

    Tony Cooper, May 11, 2013
  18. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    And where is the Macbook tablet? My Thinkpad tablet is so old that it
    had XP on it when I got it. But Apple has never put a penabled screen
    on a Macbook.

    J. Clarke, May 12, 2013
  19. RichA

    Guest Guest

    because that would be stupid. mac os is designed for mouse/keyboard,
    not a stylus and certainly not touch.

    there were windows tablets with styluses but they never sold
    particularly well. it's a bad idea.

    the ipad was designed for touch from the ground up, not something that
    was added to the existing mac os. that's why it's so successful, far
    more than any previous tablet had been.

    Guest, May 12, 2013
  20. RichA

    android Guest

    Try to load some proper software on them pads for pro work on the go!
    With a proper os on a pad you can do that, and ad keyboard/mouse.

    android, May 12, 2013