    of A A Reader cos the latest v 6 takes forever to load .My OS is
    W98SE - any ideas
    tks, JrM

    [email protected], Sep 15, 2003

  2. john.Alresford@home

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader, and then set the
    browser integration in the options.

    °Mike°, Sep 15, 2003

  3. john.Alresford@home

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'John',

    I had an identical problem which lasted for ages until I realised the
    software which I had downloaded was the cause. I think it was a Pop-up
    stopper. Anyway, I got rid of that and have had no more problems.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Sep 15, 2003
  4. john.Alresford@home

    Liz Guest

    I use Adobe Reader 6 on ME. You can't uninstall it from the
    Add/Remove program list unless you download Microsoft
    Windows Installer - InstMsiA.exe (1670 KB).

    After you run the program, go to Add/Remove program list>
    click Adobe Reader 6> click Remove> when the Wizard pops up,
    choose Repair or Remove.

    Windows Installer manages the installation, addition, and deletion of
    software components, monitors file resiliency, and maintains basic
    disaster recovery by way of rollbacks. You can find the d/l link here.
    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&qu=Windows+Installer&view=en-us

    Adobe Reader text-only download page for all versions.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/alternate.html

    Liz, Sep 15, 2003
  5. john.Alresford@home

    Patrick Guest

    You just reminded me, something might be helpfull,
    T'other day went to look at PDF on web, nothing happened,
    unblocked Google-bar pop-up stopper (on that site) and away.

    Patrick, Sep 15, 2003