Adobe Acrobat Approval 5.0 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin*, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Martin*

    Martin* Guest

    Good morning,

    A few days ago, I purchased a copy of Adobe Acrobat Approval 5.0 in order to
    fill-in requested info in pdf docs.

    Unfortunately, I found that I was unable to do so due to the apparent lack
    of the necessary tool.

    I then sought the Help button, which I was unable to find.

    I called Adobe and spoke with a rep who was also unable to help me find the
    Help button. She subsequently directed me to Adobe's help forum where users
    with problems post their questions in the hope that another user will
    provide a solution.

    As far as tech support is concerned, it's not free, even for a product that
    doesn't work as advertised and doesn't even have a help button. :-(

    So........the question is: Can anyone provide assistance with regard to
    making my (registered) software work as it should in filling in fields in
    pdf docs?

    Thank you kindly, as always.

    Martin

    Martin*, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Martin*

    Dan Shea Guest

    What's this necessary tool of which you speak?
    Do you have a Help menu at the top of the screen? (E.g. after File,
    Edit, etc...). If not, what menus DO you have?
    Certain types of technical support ARE free. See
    http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrobat.html
    Possibly... Sounds like uninstalling and re-installing the software
    might be in order, but we'll see. :)

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Hi NG

    The past 2 days have driven me mad. I cannot right click on any web page,
    especially frustrating if you want to save a link or save a target etc. Any
    ideas would be very helpful, but the button does work in all other
    programmes, just not on the net.

    Please help me !!!!!!

    Many thanks

    KMD

    Keith M. Duncan, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Martin*

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Keith M. Duncan said:
    Do you see the words File Edit View Favorites Tools and Help at the top of the
    screen?
    They work, so you could try viewing the page source and looking through to see
    if right clicking has been disabled for that/those sites.
    Web admins do that sometimes to stop people "stealing" their work.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Martin*

    trout Guest

    You'd likely have gotten more suggestions if you'd not posted this
    as a 'reply' in an unrelated thread.
    Anyhow; in additions to Brian's response; you can probably just find
    any image you've viewed, and copy it from your Temporary Internet files.

    trout, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Martin*

    Martin* Guest

    | Possibly... Sounds like uninstalling and re-installing the software
    | might be in order, but we'll see. :)
    |
    | Cheers,
    | dan

    You're quite right, Dan. Thank you. Though all other windows were closed,
    the installation, in hindsight, wasn't proper. Now that I have
    uninstalled and re-installed the software, I have buttons and features that
    I didn't have previously.

    TY also for the link to free tech support.

    Have a good day.

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin*, Feb 27, 2004