Admins need to work harder

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004

  2. nerd32768

    Consultant Guest

    please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

    Consultant, Jun 25, 2004

  3. nerd32768

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Jun 25, 2004
  4. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    be sure to include all of you details and an ACURATE description of the
    problem

    Neil, Jun 25, 2004
  5. nerd32768

    nerd32768 Guest

    please create a helpdesk ticket and it will be escalated appropriately

    Helpdesk Ticket
    Name: "Nerd32768"
    CompanyID: "32768"
    Urgent: "yes"
    Problem: "my computer doesn't work"
    Symptoms: "it doesn't work"
    Comments: "You computer people take to long to fix a problem. When my
    computer broke fifteen minutes ago, and you didn't call me"

    nerd32768, Jun 25, 2004
  6. nerd32768

    Kat Guest

    It will? I've taken to just deleting the calls. makes them go away faster.

    Kat

    Kat, Jun 25, 2004
  7. nerd32768

    Brian Guest

    We'll take that under advisement. Please see the BOFH for any further
    issues.

    Brian, Jun 25, 2004
  8. nerd32768

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    I've found that something along these lines works best:

    UPDATE Tickets
    SET Status = "Complete", ResolvedBy = "Kat"

    and running this in the database. Deleting things can get messy. Just mark
    them all as completed, and deny that you know anything about it. You'll be
    all set. Trust me.

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 25, 2004
  9. nerd32768

    Neil Guest

    the best
    dump> /dev/NULL

    Neil, Jun 25, 2004
  10. nerd32768

    Kat Guest

    If the call shows as complete, I have some liability issues, especially if
    my name is on it.

    I'd rather delete it, denying having seen it in the first place, or set it
    as complete by someone else.

    Either or works for me.

    Kat, Jun 25, 2004
  11. nerd32768