Adhoc Windows Backup on Win Advanced server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David Gray, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. David Gray

    David Gray Guest

    Hi all,

    Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

    I need to re-run a windows backup that is scheduled to run every day.
    I've highlighted the entry in the calendar view, selected the
    properties and copied out the command into a batch file.

    Running the batch file from the command prompt causes the windows
    backup program to open along with the drives that need backing up
    highlighted but I'm unable to press the start button. The backup
    window stays open for about 2 mins then closes.

    The reason I'm trying to use the stored list of drives/folders to
    backup is that the selection list is long and complicated, i.e. it's
    not just a case of clicking a few drives then running.

    The command I'm running is shown below.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Dave.

    C:\WINNT\system32\NTBACKUP.EXE backup "@C:\Documents and
    Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\NTBackup\data\WMS Daily Backup.bks" /n
    "Media created 28/01/2005 at 17:13" /d "Set created 28/01/2005 at
    17:13" /v:yes /r:no /rs:no /hc:eek:n /m normal /j "WMS.job" /l:f /p "8mm
    AIT1"

    David Gray, Aug 22, 2005