    the DSL) i dont think its working well. when trying to use wifi, my adsl will
    disconnect and the wired lan connected to my switch cant access internet..
    what did i do wrong?

    Guest, Oct 22, 2005

  2. No need to bridge. Let them all go auto assign IP from the router.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hello diamontina,

    Actually this PC will serve as my router. im not and not planning to use a
    router so this PC will serve the connection and the files at the same time. I
    just want to make the most out of this pc. Thanks for your reply

    Guest, Oct 25, 2005
  4. OK then the answer to your adsl disconnecting is that on the computer with
    the adsl modem connected, you have set a gateway. Get rid of the gateway on
    that computer only. That computer's IP is the gateway for the other
    computers.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    the adsl modem's ip is dynamic. so i cant use it as a gateway. thats why i
    have to bride it to the ethernet card that i can assign an IP to share the
    connection going to the hub switch.

    Guest, Oct 26, 2005
  6. Bridging is all auto assign. My bet is that somehow, you don't have the
    dynamic you think you have. It may show up in registry only, too.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Oct 26, 2005