    Addonics MFR, which after visiting their website sounds like the perfect
    product for my needs.

    I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this product

    Bill Lillycrop, Jun 6, 2004

  2. I have just received for test report use a V-Tec FotoBar - basically, a
    laptop fitting DVD/CDRW which is housed in a multi card reader with
    software to automatically back up cards to CD-R/CD-RW, to play CDs, to
    play DVDs (including full TV use), mp3s, etc, run slide shows, and
    connects as a USB 2.0 DVD/CDRW drive. It also acts as a multi-card
    reader for Mac/PC. It can not be USB bus powered.

    It's bulky, comes in a big kit bag, and has a US plug socket charger
    which is useless here in the UK (bad management on the part of V-Tec's
    PR dept) and needs to supply 9v at 2.2 amps which is a tall order for
    replacement wallwart units.

    But, it does look like a very neat solution. It will not write DVD-R/RWs
    though. It does support multisession backups to CD-R or RW. 640mb is not
    all that much - it means dumping each full 512mb CF card to CD as a
    separate operation, really.

    David

    David Kilpatrick, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Bill Lillycrop

    Frank ess Guest

    These write to CD, read DVD, battery or ac convertor operated:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/RDS/RDS.HTM

    Review of the same item with a different name:
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/addonics_mfr.html

    I've had one for a few weeks. It works. My only wishes are: it should be
    a little smaller and lighter; should fit in the very nice bag (supplied)
    without removing the external battery. Barring that, no complaints. I
    got mine from Addonics, two days turnaround from online order to front
    doorstep. Right at $300 with an extra battery.

    Frank ess, Jun 6, 2004