Additional computer isn't seeing the existing computers on an MSHOME workgroup

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by RoyalFlush, Jun 28, 2011.

  1. RoyalFlush

    RoyalFlush

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I added a computer into my workplace and I need for it to connect with the existing server/workgroup as the database is on the server. My problem is that I'm not seeing any of those other computers which consists of THREE Windows XP Professional SP2 systems. I had 7 on this computer and loaded XP but still can't seem to get this working. All of the other computers are wired and have IP's such as 10.0.15.30 and the last digit is the one that varies.

    I've been searching/trying things all day but I can't seem to find the other computers. They can ping each other, they can ping me, but I can't ping back. Also, they can't ping me by my computer's name, only by my IP.

    The server has a McAffee firewall which I've allowed my IP range to pass through and have disabled but that isn't working. I've also disabled Windows Firewalls and whatnot.

    I've played around registry options such as the NetBIOS but nothing is happening here either.

    This additional computer is wireless and I'm using a DLink DWA-125 but probably Sunday when we're closed, I'm gonna go in and try to hook it up to one of the wired ports. I can't disrupt the other things right now.

    Other information, I believe we have a SonicWall TZ 210 hardware network security appliance that I might play around with on Sunday as well. Again, I can't disrupt anything as everything requires the database on the server. I've also got a 2Wire 3800 HGV-B Router.

    We also added another computer for the doctor to use for internet usage only and not requiring the database. I can see that computer perfectly when I switched that one to mshome. Then there is another one on another workgroup that I've been able to see as well. None of these three can connect to the original workgroup. I'm thinking something with that SonicWall is preventing the wireless additional computers from seeing the original wired computers that have been here since whoever set it up did.

    Thanks in advance

    RoyalFlush, Jun 28, 2011

  2. RoyalFlush

    RoyalFlush

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Nevermind. It seems the SonicWall isn't turned on and when plugged directly into our other router, I can see everything.

    RoyalFlush, Jun 28, 2011