    in A, so I added the LAN connection and the wireless connection to a bridge.
    Everything worked fine, but the wireless connection disconnected.

    Any suggestions?

    Guest, Sep 6, 2006

  2. Use ICS, remove the bridge and don't put the gateway in on the computer
    doing ICS but do put the gateway (wired connection IP number) in on the
    other computers.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    is there no way of bridging it? i don't want to have to manage two subnets
    and have A use extra resources to route between them.

    Guest, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Hi

    I do not fully understand the concoction but I will try.

    Computer A is connected wirelessly to the Router.

    Computer A needs a Wired Card in addition to the Wireless Card.

    A regular switch has to be plugged to the A's Wired card.

    The other computers have to be plugged via wires to the switch.

    Computer A need to run Windows XP Pro.

    The wired card in A, and the three other computers have to be configured
    with a static IP that is on the same subnet, but the subnet has to be
    different from the one of the Wireless connection.

    Example: Wireless connection 192.168.1.2, the wired NIC. and the others
    192.168.100.xxx

    Once it is done, you Bridge the two Cards in computer A.

    Once the Bridge is working correctly, all the computers would be on the same
    Network, Routed by the Wireless Router.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 6, 2006
  5. Yes you can bridge as you already have but if, for whatever reason, it isn't
    working for you, this is the alternative. You don't have to, after setting
    it up and if all runs normally into the future, have to "manage two
    subnets". Once set up, it just runs like you would expect it to do. As for
    the extra resources, I used to do the same as I have suggested to you with a
    P3 600Mhz and it never seemed to make any difference to it at all. Using
    XPSP2 of course.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 6, 2006