    static NAT entry for the new outside address to an existing internal
    device. Do I need to do anything additional?

    Thanks

    Jeff Allen, Jan 13, 2005

  2. :I have seen several positngs on this topic, but I havent found exactly
    :what I am looking for so here goes:

    :I need to add a secondary range (different subnet) to a 520. MY ISP
    :tells me it is routed to my existing 520 outside address. However, I am
    :unable to get these new addresses to work. All I did was create a
    :static NAT entry for the new outside address to an existing internal
    :device. Do I need to do anything additional?

    I've explained the details ad naseum so I won't go through them
    again.

    If your new additional IPs are being NAT'd to existing interal
    IPs, then there should not be anything additional to configure
    on the PIX side.

    :MY ISP tells me it is routed to my existing 520 outside address.

    That should be all that is necessary. If you post a sanitized
    configuration we can have a look.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Jeff Allen

    Jeff Allen Guest

    Sorry to bother you - as luck would have it, IBM had not truly turned
    the routes up as they said they had. A little digging on their side
    revealed the problem. Once they turned it on, it worked instantly.

    Jeff Allen, Jan 15, 2005