Adding quick-release to a non-quick-release tripod head

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ste7esmith, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. ste7esmith

    ste7esmith Guest

    Hi All

    I have a Manfrotto #115 head and really miss having quick release. I
    see from the manfrotto catalog that they sell 'plate adaptors' will
    this do what I want - i.e. screw onto the head I've got and give me a
    quick release?

    Thanks Steve
    ste7esmith, Nov 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. ste7esmith

    rowan194 Guest

    Sound like a plate adaptor is more likely to be the plate you attach to
    your camera, which then fixes into the quick release socket on the
    tripod. I don't think it will do what you want.
    rowan194, Nov 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. ste7esmith

    Skip Guest

    Yep, that's what I have on my tripod and monopod, both.
    Skip, Nov 13, 2006
  4. ste7esmith

    Stewy Guest

    Stewy, Nov 20, 2006
  5. ste7esmith

    George K Guest

    George K, Nov 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.