    photoshop image templates" doesn't really narrow the search enough to be
    useful to anyone other than the people with those spammy sites. :)

    Anyway, tnx again folks.

    Robert J Batina, Oct 29, 2003

  2. I asked about this many many months ago, and iirc the options were rather
    slim. So, I'll throw it out again in case the software has advanced since
    then.

    I'm looking for an application that can quickly and easily add borders /
    frames to my digital images. The same sort of thing that you find at the
    digital printing kiosks at Meijer and Walmart, or online at web services
    like Shutterfly.com. Happy Birthday borders with cakes and balloons,
    wedding themed borders with lace and roses, Halloween borders with ghosts
    and pumpkins. If you've made it this far into this rambling post, you're
    probably familiar with what I'm talking about.

    Anyway - my current (and longtime) choice for online photo printing,
    DotPhoto, doesn't offer anything in the way of extras... and I'm not really
    complaining, because their prices are quite low. BUT - switching to
    Shutterfly is tempting if I can't find a WinXP app that can easily (and
    affordably) apply borders with the same quality.

    Stuff like this: http://phototidings.com/Digital_Temp.html (but not so
    damned expensive! *laugh* I'm just a poor slob wanting to make his
    pictures a little nicer!)

    Any comments, suggestions, etc... all appreciated much. :)

    Robert J Batina, Oct 29, 2003

  3. Robert J Batina

    Ed Wurster Guest

    in message ...
    I'm not sure where I picked up this link (it could have been here), but are
    you thinking of something like this:

    http://thepluginsite.com/products/efgcd/index.htm

    I downloaded the samples, which look interesting, but I have yet to try
    them.

    Ed

    Ed Wurster, Oct 29, 2003
  4. John Rossbach, Oct 29, 2003
  5. If you have Paint Shop Pro 8 try running the script "Photo edges". This
    is one that I wrote for Jasc that will create something like AutoFX's
    PGE. You can change the settings in the Brush Strokes filter when it
    comes up to something else or just hit the Randomize button to get
    different framing effects. If you don't want to use Brush Strokes for
    the ragged edges, but would rather paint in yourself or use other
    filters, just hit cancel when the Brush Strokes dialog comes up, answer
    No, then proceed with the masking.

    Paint Shop Pro, back to version 6, I believe, also has a framing feature
    under the Image menu, Image-> Picture Frame. The frames that ship with
    PSP are probably not what you're after. It is very simple though to
    create your own frames for use. All you need to do is create a frame on
    a tranparent layer (the center of the frame needs to be transparent)
    then Export it for use from the File menu. There are hundred of free
    frames available for PSP, I don't think I remember seeing any that are
    specifically like what you're looking for.

    --
    Angela M. Cable
    PSP8 Private Beta Tester

    PSP Tutorial Links:
    http://www.psplinks.com
    5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
    http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/

    Angela M. Cable, Oct 29, 2003
  6. Just thought I'd mention... instead of getting an app that does it, I
    actually learned how to make photo borders myself in PSP. I've got a few
    examples posted in my photo galleries at www.rubbertoe.com

    It isn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be - I'm sure I'll be making
    some pretty nice borders in the near future. And, yeah, they are actual PSP
    ..pfr files - not just each pic being custom edited. ;)

    Thanks for the advice folks - it helped in my research quite a bit.

    Toe, the cheapskate.

    Robert J Batina, Nov 2, 2003