    new". Can someone point me in right direction?

    thanks

    Hal

    hal, Feb 7, 2006

  2. hal

    dave Admin Guest

    In the DHCP console expand the scope, there should be a "Scope Options"
    icon. Right click and select Configure Options
    The options show up in a dialog box. When you actually select an option you
    will be able to fill in the parameters

    daveM

    dave Admin, Feb 7, 2006

  3. hal

    ypalacios Guest

    I have followed these instructions only to find that when I delete and
    add a predefined option, 132 and 133 which I must change for my Mitel
    phones, the options revert back to their default setting when the scope
    is restarted, any thoughts?

    ypalacios, Mar 8, 2006
  5. hal

    gsingle

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How to remove MS standard 132 and 133 DHCP tags

    This is only a problem on Windows 2003, MS fixed this by removing tags 132-136 from Windows 2003 R2.

    You can remove the predefined tags 132 and 133 (134-136 as well, if you like) as follows:

    1. Export the DHCP database to a text file using the command - netsh dhcp server dump > c:\test.txt
    2. Edit the text file by removing the references to 132 and 133 options
    3. Save the changes made to the text file.
    4. Stop DHCP Server
    5. Rename the old DHCP database file dhcp.mdb to dhcp.old. The file is stored in %systemroot%\system32\dhcp
    6. Restart the DHCP server
    7. Import the edited text file with the command - netsh exec c:\test.txt
    8. Stop the DHCP server
    9. Run jetpack on the new database - jetpack dhcp.mdb temp.mdb
    10. Restart the DHCP server.

    Then you can add the Mitel tags as you require.

    Graham

    gsingle, Jul 14, 2006