Adding a Second Switch with StackWise Cables

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by .jond, Jan 14, 2009.

  1. .jond

    .jond

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm adding a second switch to a remote office which currently only has 1 switch. I want to use the StackWise cables to do it.
    Is this the process?

    1. Change the IOS on the new switch to the same as the production switch
    2. Copy the config from the production switch to the new one
    3. Set the switch priority number on the production switch to #1
    4. Turn everything off, cable it up, turn on production switch, turn on new switch

    Thanks in advance,
    Jon

    .

    .jond, Jan 14, 2009