    I had been looking at the vivitar 285 but that's looking like it will be
    manual which I don't think I'm thrilled about...maybe the sony flash?

    HELP!

    michael, Jun 7, 2004

  2. michael

    Bob Salomon Guest

    Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    Bob Salomon, Jun 7, 2004

  3. michael

    michael Guest

    Metz has a shoe to dedicate to the 717/828 cameras.

    I'm sorry...what does that mean?

    michael, Jun 7, 2004
  4. michael

    Bob Salomon Guest

    I'm sorry...what does that mean?[/QUOTE]

    That means flash units made by Metz will dedicate to Sony 717/828
    cameras with the proper flash shoe on the Metz flash. Go to a Metz flash
    web site and you will find descriptions of what is available.

    Bob Salomon, Jun 7, 2004
  5. michael

    Larry Guest

    That means flash units made by Metz will dedicate to Sony 717/828
    cameras with the proper flash shoe on the Metz flash. Go to a Metz flash
    web site and you will find descriptions of what is available.
    [/QUOTE]

    The Sony Cyberview 717 DOES NOT USE TTL!!!

    It has a simple garden variety single center-contact hot shoe.

    Even if you purchase the $ 200 flash from Sony and use the special acc. cable
    the camera only uses the flash in manual.

    Larry, Jun 7, 2004
  6. michael

    michael Guest

    The Sony Cyberview 717 DOES NOT USE TTL!!!

    What if I bought one of these that say that they work with the onboard
    flash...(slave flash...I know the word I know little about how it all
    works)....or is the main difference not that it flashes but how much light
    it will give off?

    mb

    michael, Jun 8, 2004