    desktop picture I had, and then after startup, they'd be reordered, and
    rearranged in columns starting on the top left of the screen.

    How do I overcome this?

    ., Mar 6, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    .. [] has entered into testimony

    Disable the "auto arrange icons" feature.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Mar 6, 2006

  3. .

    . Guest

    I *did* have auto arrange enabled, and I disabled it.

    However, the problem continues. Every time I start the computer, or
    every time I mount a network drive, the icons fly back to the ugly
    autoarrangement. Because I'm trying to connect to a network at startup,
    I think the networking has something to do with this happening.

    ., Mar 8, 2006
  4. X-No-Archive: YES
    .. [] has entered into testimony

    Can you ping your "my network" icon? You might also call your ISP
    helpdesk and ask if they can ping it. Remind them you are talking about
    pinging icons, not IP addresses. This is a new diagnostic technique so
    if the guy you talk to hasn't heard of it, ask to speak to the
    supervisor/teamlead and request they schedule classes for their ops.

    Be sure to post how well this works for you ;)

    Chadwick Stone©, Mar 8, 2006