Add Word: iexplore.exe - Application error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, May 26, 2004.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    ------------------
    Windows 2000
    ------------------

    I have updated all updated from http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp.

    I have used Ad-aware 6.0 to remove unwanted stuff.

    However, I have got message box "Add Word: iexplore.exe - Application error"
    ---------
    The instruction at "0x40602eab" referenced memory at "0x0000000c".
    The memory could not be "read"
    Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Click on CANCEL to debug the program.
    ---------

    Details can be seen at:

    Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur, May 26, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    (via NNTP reader only, not via Google Groups).

    Alex Vinokur, May 26, 2004

  3. Alex Vinokur

    Boomer Guest

    Hi

    I checked Googles archives for "Add Word: iexplore.exe"
    and only found this:
    http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-
    8&c2coff=1&safe=off&threadm=uqaFtiIuDHA.4060%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl&r
    num=2&prev=/groups%3Fas_epq%3DAdd%2520Word%253A%2520iexplore.exe%2520
    %26safe%3Doff%26ie%3DUTF-
    8%26as_scoring%3Dd%26lr%3Dlang_en%26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2FE35768

    HTH

    Boomer, May 26, 2004
  4. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    Thanks.
    This google-link can be done shorter:
    http://www.google.com/groups?threadm=063f01c3b885$b22583b0$

    It seems that I know what causes the problem, but I don't know how to solve it.

    ---------------------------
    Windows 2000 Professional
    Version 5.0 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4)
    ---------------------------

    I did the following experiment.

    Step 1. Before connecting to Internet.

    SubStep 1.1
    Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options | General | Home
    I put to "Address" some link : http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome

    SubStep 1.2
    I run Ad-aware 6.0 Personal, Build 6.181
    a) Scan now | Next (with "Perform smart system-scan)|
    b) (After scanning) Next
    c) Column "Vendor" contains "Possible Browser Hijack attempt"
    Select all "Possible Browser Hijack attempt"
    Next
    d) Message Box "Ad-aware 6":
    "26 objects will be removed. Continue?"
    OK

    Step 2. I have connected to Internet.

    Step 3. Working in Internet.
    After some ordinary actions (work with Output Express, Internet Explorer Browser) :

    SubStep 3.1. Checking "Home Page Address".
    Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options | General | Home
    "Address" is http://4-counter.com/?b=crue !!!

    SubStep 3.2
    I run Ad-aware 6.0 Personal, Build 6.181
    a) Scan now | Next (with "Perform smart system-scan)|
    b) (After scanning) Next
    c) Column "Vendor" AGAIN contains "Possible Browser Hijack attempt" !!!

    Some details can be seen at:
    or
    The links above are available via:
    * NNTP reader (in this message)
    * "Address" in Internet Explorer Browser (put the link in "Address")
    (Not via Google Groups).

    So, what should I do to solve that problem?

    Alex Vinokur, May 27, 2004
  5. Alex Vinokur

    CoCo Guest

    CoCo, May 27, 2004
  6. i had what looked like the CWS... (was posted under another string) ... and
    FYI... we got hijacked to porn search homepage; 'Search for porn'. Address
    line had 'spad' and 'start' in it. Ran about 4-5 spy progs, HiJackThis, and
    two AV's. Searched registry - (and took out items Mike listed below).
    Nothing found or eliminated it. Searched 24HSHD, google, etc. Found similiar
    but not same problem. Finally went to 'Find' and looked at recently created
    files. LOL - - Found folder 'Spad'. Deleted entire damned thing. Back to
    normal.

    hth

    NevaYouMindWhoItAint, May 27, 2004
  7. Alex Vinokur

    Boomer Guest

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Did you try what was mentioned there?
    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

    Install, immediately update and run, at least, the first four.

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
    Install and run, then post the log to "HijackThis Logs"
    at http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php.

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, May 27, 2004
  8. Alex Vinokur

    why Guest