    I know I can connect the wireless router into the switch and have a
    different subnet etc - is this advisable?

    Thanks

    CK, Jun 12, 2008

  2. If your firewall and switch can do VLAN, then you can have different subnets
    for the private LAN and public LAN. Most Cisco firewall and switch can limit
    bandwidth based on IP or subnet. router/modem with QoS may help some.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 12, 2008

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 12, 2008
  4. CK

    CK Guest

    Thanks Frank. Want them to connect to the internet only.
    The external subnet wont be a problem as local network is shielded
    behind firewall, with a different internal IP and subnet for local
    network.
    Thanks again.

    CK, Jun 13, 2008
  5. CK

    CK Guest

    Thanks Robert, will have a look at my equipment and see if QOS is
    available.
    Thanks Jack, this was helpful. Think I have a better idea now.
    Very grateful for all your help.

    CK, Jun 13, 2008