    the same every time, but I haven't been keeping a log for long enough to
    be sure. The last one was from 3.02 to 3.03.

    Any ideas what's going on?

    Danny Colyer, Mar 5, 2007

  2. try contacting the developers, if you can:

    http://www.stumbleupon.com/feedback.php

    http://members.lycos.co.uk/toolbarpalette/

    Peter.Potamus.the.Purple.Hippo, Mar 5, 2007

  3. I've seen it with Configuration Mania. The problem was an older version
    having been installed. Remove Configuration Mania completely, then
    install the newest version, and that should clear it. You can try that
    with Stumble Upon, though I don't use and can't say from personal
    experience.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 6, 2007
  4. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Thanks. I just went to uninstall Configuration Mania from my home PC
    and noticed that both versions were listed separately. I've uninstalled
    the older version, if that doesn't solve the problem then I'll
    uninstall the new one as well, then reinstall.

    Stumble Upon only has one version installed. I'll wait until I'm sure
    that it's the same update being loaded over and over again before doing
    anything (I've only logged the details of the most recent update).

    Danny Colyer, Mar 6, 2007
  5. Danny Colyer

    me Guest

    NEVER allow ANY software to automatically update. You never know what
    hacker will tap into those things and send you a virus.

    If you want to upgrade FF or anything else, go to their website and do
    it manually.

    me, Mar 7, 2007

  6. I allow some software to update automatically, specifically
    Windows, Apple, and Mozilla. All of those have procedures/steps in
    place to prevent untoward access

    Moz Champion (Dan), Mar 7, 2007
  7. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    I had a problem with Configuration Mania repeatedly updating. Leonidas

    and I responded:
    10 days after uninstalling the older version, I've had no more update
    notices. Sorted. Thanks again, Lee.

    Danny Colyer, Mar 16, 2007