add hardware wizard slow loading

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Black Baptist, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Anyone know why my add hardware wizard takes 20 minutes to load?

    Black Baptist, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Black Baptist

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Black Baptist

    WormWood Guest

    From the symptoms you describe so thoroughly and so elegantly, I would
    guess you need to follow directions on ┬░Mike┬░'s link, here.
    <http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html>

    WormWood, Jul 12, 2004
  4. What's so hard to understand? My add new hardware wizard takes 20 minutes to
    load. You want me to say when I try to start the add hardware wizard or when
    I click the start button? Or when I goto conrol pannel add new hardware and
    double click it? Man if you don't know the solution which is obvious you
    don't then don't bother telling me to do something unrelated!!!!

    Black Baptist, Jul 17, 2004
  5. I built this machine from the ground up so maintenance is something I know
    and always do. I'm running XP Pro if that helps any...I'm thinking it's one
    of my inf files slowing it down.

    Black Baptist, Jul 17, 2004
  6. BTW I'm running XP pro sorry I neglected to say that but I thought I was
    posting to an XP group.

    Black Baptist, Jul 17, 2004
  7. Black Baptist

    Boomer Guest