    several meetings and conferences per year and this would fill a need. Never
    tried it, or thought of it. Just asking if it's reasonably do-able.

    TIA,

    Mike in Nebraska, Feb 5, 2009

  2. Mike in Nebraska

    Dave Guest

    i say, plug it in and try it, sounds like it should work.

    Dave, Feb 5, 2009

  3. Thanks.

    Mike in Nebraska, Feb 5, 2009
  4. Hi
    It depends on how you Guest's WLAN is configured.
    If you just plug the printer into an Access Point that is set to a regular
    infra structure mode, the guests would need a separate logon to the Access
    Point's SSID in order to print.
    If the Access Point is configured as a Wireless Client, then the printer
    through the Access Point can be connected to the guest general Wireless
    service and they could print while logged to the same SSID. That said, the
    guest also need the HP drivers on their computers as well.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 6, 2009
  5. If the guest network is truly wireless only, you'd need a wireless print
    server for this. There are many third party ones, but I've had problems with
    the ones I've tried (Netgear and others I can't recall). They're
    inexpensive, though, so it may be worth a shot. If you have a natively
    wireless-capable printer, you would be better off.

    Regardless, as Jack mentioned, the users would need to install the drivers
    for it on their workstations.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Feb 6, 2009
  6. Plug it in to what?

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Feb 6, 2009