Add a new computer to Win 7 Workgroup LAN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pikov22, Nov 19, 2013.

  1. pikov22

    pikov22

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Central NJ, USA
    I have a workgroup LAN consisting of 2 Win 8s (1 wired, 1 wireless) and a wired Win 7 computer, plus various wireless devices that are not part of this.

    I have file sharing set up so that I can access files on any one of them from any other.

    A neighbor dropped his computer off for reconfiguration, so I plugged an Ethernet cable between his Win7 and my router so I could get some tools from my primary computer DX4860.

    He can see all 3 of my computers (i.e, Start > Network displays icons for them), but cannot connect to one ("\\DX4860 is not accessible. You may not have permission to use the network resource. Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.").

    He can "open" the others by double-clicking the icon.However, when I click on a shared folder of one of the others, I get "Access denied".

    "Everyone" has access in the share configurations of all three of my computers.

    How do I give him access to (1) DX4860 itself and (2) all of the shared files on the three machines?

    Thank you.

    pikov22, Nov 19, 2013