    -plh
    I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here!
    [if "123" is in email address, that is an anti-spam thing.]

    plh, Jun 4, 2004

  2. plh

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall / reinstall in the guest account.

    And please fix your signature. A signature should
    comprise TWO dashes, followed by ONE space, followed
    by CR/LF, and then the signature text. This allows
    compliant news readers to automatically snip the
    signature in replies.

    <snip broken signature>

    °Mike°, Jun 4, 2004

  3. plh

    plh Guest

    1) Thanks for that tip about signatures, I was unaware of it. Should
    be compliant now.
    2) Can't install in the Guest account, because it does not have
    administrator privileges. I don't see any obvious way to give it those
    temporarily so I can try that fix -- is there one?
    -Thanx,
    -plh

    plh, Jun 6, 2004
  4. plh

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You do know that you can find the Ad-aware.exe right-click on properties
    and select *RUN AS* and assign the exe/program an account that has the
    privileges so that it can run properly without being logged on as an
    Admin.

    Secondly, machines get hacked because of the *Guest* account and one
    should think about disabling the Guest account.

    One should think about trying to *harden* the XP O/S secure it from
    attack. If the O/S is not secure, then nothing on the machine is secure.
    The protection starts with the O/S and everything else is secondary to
    it.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 6, 2004