    Does anyone have experiences with these adapters?

    Please reply

    Peter

    Peter1955, Feb 5, 2010

  2. Peter1955

    Guest Guest

    not worth the trouble.
    i've never heard of such an adapter. do you have a link?

    chances are if it exists, it has a lens in it (degrades image quality)
    or it won't focus at infinity.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2010

  3. Peter1955

    Paul Furman Guest

    If it does focus to infinity, it'll definitely have more glass in it
    like a teleconverter, degrading the image quality. However, if you want
    to use it for close up shots like small birds & butterflies, that should
    work, especially for a long lens. Try it: hold the lens up to your D70
    and see what range is possible. Odds are it'll not come anywhere close
    to infinity but it's an easy thing to test.

    Paul Furman, Feb 6, 2010
  4. Peter-

    Google found a web site with a discussion of mounting various brand
    lenses on a Canon body.

    <http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html>

    Even though you want to go the other way, the article should help you
    understand why optics would be needed.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, Feb 6, 2010
  5. Peter1955

    dj_nme Guest

    As an additional piece of info, here is a link to a page with the
    various lensmounts and their flange to sensor/film distance.
    http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-alphabetical.html
    The general rule is that a lens from a mount with a longer distance can
    be mounted via a simple ring adapter (to make up the missing distance),
    but a lens with a shorter distance can't be used for normal photography
    (macro shooting only) unless the adapter has optical correction (like a
    teleconverter) or is recessed (like some m42 lens to Nikon body
    adapters) to reduce the distance.

    dj_nme, Feb 7, 2010