  1. Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
    drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
    drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Please check here:
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...at=/Operating+System/Microsoft+Windows+XP+x64
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 27, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=

    Ted Guest

    When I first tried to install XP 64, I had the 29160,
    I had hell of a time getting it to boot from the CD-ROM.
    It booted OK after a while.
    It installed XP 64 OK, but when it rebooted, XP could not
    see the bootable CD.
    Maybe should have installed latest Adaptec drivers, as Andre
    suggests.
    But I am trying to get rid of SCSI, so I switched to SATA.

    Ted, Jul 28, 2005
  4. http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/DevelopWithAMD/0,,30_2252_869_875^10454,00.html

    should list most things

    and to supplement that, try http://www.hcl.ms/

    or www.adaptec.com

    Henrik

    PS: Not much help but my 39320R is supported :)

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVucmlr?=, Jul 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Calvin.

    Check this page:
    http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-...W55fiZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

    For the 2940U it says Yes and then:
    A "Yes" in this column indicates that Microsoft has provided a driver for
    this card, embedded in the final release of Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition
    (included on the CD-ROM).

    Enjoy!

    My 2930U2 wasn't so lucky, so I bought a SATA drive and retired my
    "humongous" 9 GB IBM HD after 5 years as my boot device. And now x64 boots
    quickly because it doesn't have to wait while the SCSI BIOS loads and finds
    my HD. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 28, 2005
  6. I'd like to thank everyone who had responded to my question, all messages are
    very helpful, and your link gave me exactly what I was looking for. Thank
    you very much.

    Regards,

    Calvin

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fsdmlu?=, Jul 28, 2005