    Is there a list of SCSI controller cards that are supported by the inbox
    drivers? I need to know if Adaptec 2940Ultra is supported by the inbox
    drivers of XPP X64 edition. Thanks.

    Guest, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    Ted Guest

    When I first tried to install XP 64, I had the 29160,
    I had hell of a time getting it to boot from the CD-ROM.
    It booted OK after a while.
    It installed XP 64 OK, but when it rebooted, XP could not
    see the bootable CD.
    Maybe should have installed latest Adaptec drivers, as Andre
    suggests.
    But I am trying to get rid of SCSI, so I switched to SATA.

    Ted, Jul 28, 2005
  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Calvin.

    Check this page:
    http://adaptec-tic.adaptec.com/cgi-...W55fiZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

    For the 2940U it says Yes and then:
    A "Yes" in this column indicates that Microsoft has provided a driver for
    this card, embedded in the final release of Microsoft Windows XP x64 Edition
    (included on the CD-ROM).

    Enjoy!

    My 2930U2 wasn't so lucky, so I bought a SATA drive and retired my
    "humongous" 9 GB IBM HD after 5 years as my boot device. And now x64 boots
    quickly because it doesn't have to wait while the SCSI BIOS loads and finds
    my HD. ;<)

    RC

    R. C. White, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'd like to thank everyone who had responded to my question, all messages are
    very helpful, and your link gave me exactly what I was looking for. Thank
    you very much.

    Regards,

    Calvin

    Guest, Jul 28, 2005