    Any idea whether I can expect drivers to appear for my SCSI card for Win 7
    64 bit?

    Pete

    Peter Chant, Nov 4, 2009

  2. Peter Chant

    johnsuth Guest

    Thanks Pete for that snippet of information. I guess I will have to stick with
    XP x64. It is good enough for my needs.

    johnsuth, Nov 5, 2009

  3. When Adaptec makes them available - if ever. Did you check the manufacturers
    web site for drivers?

    Richard Urban, Nov 5, 2009
  4. You don't specify which 2940 card, there are many variants. The original
    2940 is a very old card indeed, but has Vista drivers which should work for
    Windows 7.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 5, 2009
  5. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    First place I checked.

    Peter Chant, Nov 5, 2009
  6. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    There's the thing - the box it came in says it is a 2904 and Win 7 states it
    is a 2940UW! However, for both these cards Adaptec have only Vista 32 bit
    drivers. The cards not all that old, a few years so I thought it would be
    supported.

    Peter Chant, Nov 5, 2009
  7. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    I repartitioned and kept my XP partition just in case, but can also use
    linux to do my scanning (card is needed for SCSI scanner).

    Peter Chant, Nov 6, 2009
  8. Peter Chant

    Peter Chant Guest

    Worth a try
    I don't keep data on the machine so no issue if it goes wrong.

    Pete

    Peter Chant, Nov 8, 2009