    everything is back to normal. I have the Adaptec set for automatic
    termination. Any Ideas?

    Daniel C. Di Vita

    ddivita3, Oct 14, 2003

  2. ddivita3

    Stevo Guest

    If the scanner is external, I would have thought that the Adaptec should not
    be terminated, try setting it manually rather than automatically. The
    scanner is terminated? If not, it should be.

    Stevo, Oct 14, 2003

  3. ddivita3

    ddivita3 Guest

    I have tried having the scanner terminated and not terminated and have
    the same issue. I, however, set the adaptec to manual termination.

    ddivita3, Oct 14, 2003
  4. ddivita3

    Stevo Guest

    Have you had a look on the adaptec website for any suggestions? Does the
    card have an IRQ speciffically assigned (i.e. not shared) ? What IRQ does it
    use?

    Given the symptoms of the effect of the external scanner though, I would be
    looking at some of the settings to see what can be changed...

    Stevo, Oct 14, 2003