    0870-744-6748 and WE CALL YOU at a convenient time.
    It costs £20 per hour (£10 per day minimum), cheaper than any 0960
    premium-rate service, invoiced on completion.

    Mike Yates, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Another dim wit spammer.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Mike Yates

    Rob Morley Guest

    The charters of uk.comp.home-networking and uk.comp.homebuilt forbid
    advertising.

    http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.home-networking.html
    http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.homebuilt.html

    Rob Morley, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Mike Yates

    Ian Molton Guest

    ....who was subsequently quoted by (yet) an(other) dimwit.

    Thanks mate, I missed it first time round. If you hadnt copied it I
    might never have known.

    Ian Molton, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Mike Yates

    Mike Yates Guest

    Profuse apologies!

    I had only checked the charter for uk.comp.training which, as posted to
    the group by on 23/01/2005 00:58 states:-
    [proposed by Thomas Lee on 22/02/96 to uk.net.news.config,
    uk.net.news.announce, uk.comp.training]

    while the webpage http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.training.html
    modified 20 October 2000 11:23:00 states:-
    So, I wonder where the Demon bot keeps its version.

    http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.comp.os.linux.html states:-

    The charters of uk.comp.homebuilt and uk.comp.home-networking were last
    posted on 19/08/04 (as per the webpages) and I should have done that
    search this morning - Sorry!

    Hope this will help to clear up the situation for others.

    Mike Yates, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Sorry m8. I knew, but once you hit send it's too late.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jan 24, 2005
  7. Mike Yates

    Mjolinor Guest

    Looks like a good idea to me, small post, no nasty attachements and ignore
    it if you want. It's just soemone trying to make a living.

    Mjolinor, Jan 24, 2005
  8. We're all trying to make a living. There are groups for discussions and there
    are groups for advertising. If advertising was allowed in uk.comp.homebuild
    then the quality of the advice would go down. Flaunting the rules does not
    give the company a good impression.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jan 24, 2005
  9. Mike Yates

    Odie Ferrous Guest

    Why dim wit? Plenty of people need that sort of thing.

    What's wrong with it?

    Granted, it may not be an appropriate newsgroup to market the idea, but
    otherwise, good for him.

    I hope he gets plenty of business.

    Odie

    Odie Ferrous, Jan 24, 2005
  10. Which exposes you as someone who does not check properly - not a person I'd
    trust serious technical questions to.

    Keith Matthews, Jan 24, 2005
  11. Mike Yates

    Tim Haynes Guest

    [snip]
    Coming from uk.c.o.l., <http://www.ucolfaq.lug.org.uk/#ads> seems to permit
    such an advert, for a suitably lenient reading. Better cross-posted than
    multi-posted, too, and they had the decency to flag it as an advert,
    although I don't know the other groups' charters so YMMV...

    ~Tim

    Tim Haynes, Jan 24, 2005
  12. Mike Yates

    Mike Yates Guest

    Perhaps you and Mr Andersen could better spend your time and energy on
    helping to update the charters?

    Or answering "serious technical questions" ?

    Mike Yates, Jan 24, 2005
  13. I would have less objections if an url was appended in the course of active
    discussions and genuine advice to posters. There are very laudable examples
    of a happier mixture, e.g. Dorothy Bradbury's postings.

    Johannes H Andersen, Jan 24, 2005
  14. Mike Yates

    Tx2 Guest

    Oh come on ... he's obviously done a heck of a lot more checking than a
    the usual brand of spamming fuckwits do [1] ... give the guy /some/
    credit - he made a mistake, we all do.

    [1] not to say Mr Yates is such!

    Tx2, Jan 24, 2005
  15. Mike Yates

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 24 Jan
    And by you as well!

    deKay

    deKay, Jan 24, 2005
  16. Mike Yates

    Ian Molton Guest

    Accepted - hey, happens to the best of us ;-)

    (and me...)

    Ian Molton, Jan 24, 2005
  17. Mike Yates

    Ian Molton Guest

    Hey, credit where its due though. its very rare that you see a spammer
    respond directly, let alone apologise.

    Ian Molton, Jan 24, 2005
  18. Mike Yates

    Raj Rijhwani Guest

    On Monday, in article
    <>

    Flouting the rules doesn't. Flaunting them, well that's just showing off.

    Raj Rijhwani, Jan 25, 2005
  19. Mike Yates

    usenet Guest

    It's FLOUTING!!!!! (well, without the !!!!!).

    usenet, Jan 25, 2005
  20. Mike Yates

    DayDragon Guest

    Don't you have the 'cancel' feature on your client (depends on news server) ;o)

    DayDragon, Feb 10, 2005