AD password change - can't access network drives (computer specifi

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by PghTech, Jan 4, 2008.

  1. PghTech

    PghTech Guest

    Bizarre issue occured when I changed a user's password (win 2003 server
    environment). They could no longer access any mapped drives.

    Troubleshooting steps:
    - days had passed since the user changed their password and logged into
    their computer successfully to rule out AD replication issues.

    - We were able to change the password from the "windows Security" window
    from the actually computer successfully.

    - THis only occurs on their daily used PC. Logging onto any other computer
    they can access any of their network drives.

    - If you reset the password back to the original password everything works
    correctly.

    It is obvious that it is strictly with this specific computer, but where or
    what needs to be done - I haven't been able to locate a reason.

    PghTech, Jan 4, 2008