    and can't find anything out of the ordinary. I seem to remember there is a
    dos command which lists the shares on a machine, but can't remember the
    command. This might point to the problem.

    billingle, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Try:

    On library create a new user account which exactly matches the the user name
    and password used to log onto the Win98 machine. You do not have to log on
    with the new account - just create it.

    The IPC$ share is hidden. On an XP machine you can see it by right clicking
    My Computer and selecting Manage. Expand Shared Folders and click on
    Shares. See:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314984/en-us

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP