    that Ad Aware has caused this and, if so, how can I stop it from
    happening.

    Thanks.

    John, Jul 25, 2003

  2. What version of Acrobat Reader? I have 5.5 and Ad-Aware 6 (both first
    and current release) has never caused any problems for me.

    Max Quordlepleen, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Hello,
    I have Acrobat 5.0.5 (Full Version) and Ad-Aware 6 Professional and no
    conflicts whatsoever.

    If you have downloaded Acrobat 6 it may have a tracking component which
    installed with it.
    When you get to the end of the Ad-Aware scan read the results carefully. If
    Ad-Aware removes
    a component from any software the end result is usually the program fails to
    work.
    It looks as though a little research within the Adobe program, as well as a
    visit to the web site,
    is in order. Look at the plug in's and Internet/Web settings for a clue.
    Also visit Tech support at
    Lavasoft, which may require e-mail, Adobe may require an e-mail to tech
    support also.
    Happy hunting and research......now you know what we do in an effort to
    assist you.
    DennisC

    Dennis C. Cooney, Jul 25, 2003
  4. John

    Penguin Guest

    Greetings;

    I have Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 (actually 6.0.0.5) and Ad-aware 6 (Build
    6.181). I've never had any conflicts between the two, and have never
    heard of any problems with one because of the other. Good luck in
    your hunt for a solution :)

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris

    Penguin, Jul 25, 2003