    If it is the latter I will remove it as I run ad-aware regularly anyhow. If
    it is a realtime monitor I might leave it despite the fact it is using
    resources and didn't ask my permission to install itself.

    Jim S, Sep 3, 2007

  2. Jim S

    Smirnoff Guest

    It was an error, unless you have the Pro version. There is now version
    7.0.2.2, which you should download via manual update and this should fix
    the problem.

    Smirnoff, Sep 3, 2007

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    8<
    Thanks.
    I installed 7.0.2.2 and restarted.
    The icon has disappeared from the systray and the entry from startup in
    msconfig, but there is a file aawservice.exe still in the task manager. Is
    that the same thing?

    Jim S, Sep 3, 2007