    these files together like this without screwing both of them up?

    Thanks in advance (and I hope I explained it well enough to make sense),

    Will

    c.reifert, Dec 3, 2004

  2. c.reifert

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Hi,
    | I've got a cassette that I recorded today of a puppet show that a local
    | library is going to put on for young children. I've copied the play to my
    | hard drive as a wav file using CDex, and will put this onto cd for them as
    | they have to do this play several times and thought it would be easier
    just
    | to play the cd each time. One thing they want me to do is mix a song in
    | towards the end of this wav file... so when there are 20 seconds left in
    | the show (the puppets are supposed to be dancing - lol) I need to mix this
    | song in (low volume) for the puppets to dance to, then after the 20
    seconds
    | (the show is done) I'll be raising the volume up (I've already gotten this
    | done as a second wav file). Is there a program I can use that will mix
    | these files together like this without screwing both of them up?
    |
    | Thanks in advance (and I hope I explained it well enough to make sense),

    I think you explained it fine - good luck...I haven't a clue, but I'm
    certainly looking forward to an answer!

    Toolman Tim, Dec 3, 2004

  3. c.reifert

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004
  4. c.reifert

    c.reifert Guest

    Thanks for the reply. I've checked out their website, and according to them
    Goldwave won't do it but their other program will (Multiquence). I'm going
    to give it a try now.

    Will

    c.reifert, Dec 3, 2004
  5. c.reifert

    °Mike° Guest

    That's nonsense. I have Goldwave, and I regularly insert
    sounds into others. It will do it just fine and dandy, via
    "Edit / Mix", or CTRL+M.

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004
  6. c.reifert

    Barry Guest

    Why don't you just burn both wave files on the same cd, putting the music
    file last,,

    Barry, Dec 3, 2004
  7. c.reifert

    c.reifert Guest

    Thanks for the help. It worked, and without paying for their other program.
    ;)

    Will

    c.reifert, Dec 3, 2004
  8. c.reifert

    desoto Guest

    you copied the video info as a wave file ?... I can't see that
    working... surely mpeg would be better...
    I would use Cakewalk...my browser is tits up at the moment so i can't
    provide a link but i'm fairly sure google will throw up a demo of
    Cakewalk that should suffice... it handles all video/audio information
    .... is one of the puppets an american president ?

    replace 'closed' with 'open' in email address to reply

    desoto, Dec 3, 2004
  9. c.reifert

    c.reifert Guest

    Cassette over here means just audio. ;)

    Will

    c.reifert, Dec 3, 2004
  10. c.reifert

    desoto Guest

    that has to be one of the worst solutions ever.. you'll just end up
    with 2 wave files on a cd... one after the other....
    you're just lucky the k man aint listening... what the mailer needs
    is a pgm that mixes video and audio...
    in fact... i give this a vicarious BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    replace 'closed' with 'open' in email address to reply

    desoto, Dec 3, 2004
  11. c.reifert

    dadiOH Guest

    Any wave editor (including GoldWave) will do it...it's a copy and
    paste job.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...