actual question from Microsoft 70-291 exam

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by eager, Jul 5, 2008.

  1. eager

    eager Guest

    There is a network as follows:

    DHCP server - Subnet A - 10.10.10.65 - Router - 10.10.10.93 - Subnet B

    5 Client computers in Subnet A:
    IP address: 10.10.10.66 - 10.10.10.70
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.192
    Default gateway: 10.10.10.65

    Server in Subnet B:
    IP address: 10.10.10.94
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.240
    Default gateway: 10.10.10.93

    Clients cannot connect to the server in Subnet B unless the subnet mask of
    the server is changed to 255.255.255.192

    This does not make any sense to me, any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    eager, Jul 5, 2008

  2. Actual question eh? Are you sure you wrote the question down correctly?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    5:03 PM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 5, 2008

  3. eager

    John R Guest

    Disclosing actual questions from an exam is a direct violation of the NDA
    that you agreed to when you took the test. Doing so on a Microsoft new
    server is, well, not the brightest thing to do either. Should Microsoft
    want to, they can yank not only your future certifications, but also your
    current ones.

    No matter how confusing a question is, I would watch carefully what I posted
    when talking about the specifics of an exam.

    John R

    John R, Jul 5, 2008
  4. You owe me a beer for blowing that one!

    </undercover operation>

    Michael D. Alligood, Jul 5, 2008
  5. eager

    eager Guest

    I have not taken the test, neither I intend to. My CCNA knowledge is good
    enough.
    A friend of mine showed me this question from some TestKing study material,
    which, according to him, covers questions from the actual Microsoft exam
    I told him that the question and the answer do not make any sense to me; it
    might be a misprint. However, I thought to make sure, hence the post.
    Thanks for the warning though.

    eager, Jul 5, 2008
  6. I think routes are extentions of gate way's. hope I'm right.

    James Barnett, Jul 8, 2008
  7. I think router's are extentions of gatway's

    James Barnett, Jul 8, 2008
  8. eager

    OTHMAN Guest

    I think routes are extentions of gate way's. hope I'm right.

    how many hopes do you have?

    OTHMAN, Jul 8, 2008
  9. eager

    TheITGirl Guest

    Not exactly. Routers are devices that exchange packets between networks (or
    subnetworks), as opposed to within a network. The default gateway is the
    port on the router which faces the network, and is the point of entry to and
    exit from the network. The IP address of the gateway port **must** be on the
    same network/subnet as the hosts, otherwise the hosts won't be able to
    communicate with hosts on other networks. It is usually configured as the
    first usable IP address on the network.

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jul 8, 2008
  10. eager

    Consultant Guest

    any ideas? yeah, you just dont get it

    Consultant, Jul 8, 2008
  11. eager

    catwalker63 Guest

    Or the last usable IP Address on the network. Just be consistant.

    catwalker63, Jul 9, 2008
  12. eager

    kpg Guest

    Would I be considered a rebel if is use the address 3/7th from the
    beginning of the address space, except on tuesdays?

    kpg, Jul 9, 2008
  13. eager

    catwalker63 Guest

    Prety much, yeah.

    catwalker63, Jul 9, 2008
  14. Or security conscious...

    Configuring a router someplace other than where 98% of the world expects to
    find it can't be a bad idea.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Jul 10, 2008
  15. eager

    kpg Guest

    VBEG - I don't care what my 3rd grade teacher said, I always knew
    I was smater than 98% of everyone else.

    kpg, Jul 10, 2008
  16. eager

    Kline Sphere Guest