activation keeps cycling w/o loading to desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by RiceMuster, Nov 6, 2008.

  1. RiceMuster

    RiceMuster Guest

    Thank you for you help in advance!

    In stalled the window xp pro 64 bit, activated, worked fine. Then I have
    taken the batteries on my motherboard out to reset the detection of the HDD,
    and window load fine. Then next time I turned on my computer windows ask me
    to activate again before I can log on to the desk top. I click to activate,
    window accept the activation, and try to load the desk top. BUT it cycle back
    to the user icon, displaying adminstrator, click to log in, request again for
    activation, click to activate, and the cycle continues w/o end. I went to
    restart in safe mode, able to log in the desk top, and restarted in normal
    mode. In the normal mode, the same cycle of requesting to activate happens
    again.

    I went to Microsoft website and found this site:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947518/en-us

    However, this site fixes the IE problem for downloading. My problem is not
    being able to log into desktop and premanent disabling the activation.

    I believe there's a simple fix :0
    Please help!

    Thank you again.

    RiceMuster, Nov 6, 2008

  2. I believe it was probably a mistake to touch that battery since this will
    reset the BIOS to it's defaults - (all the options!).

    Meticulously go through the BIOS setup and disable anything you will not be
    using (devices that you do not have!) and set the rest as seems fit (you
    should consult the BIOS section of the motherboard manual for guidance).
    Then see what happens. The KB you mention is definitely not for you. Your
    action turns out to work as somewhat of a smokescreen now, do your best and
    find a reasonable setup and report back, and together we shall, most likely,
    be able to crack this. It is probably a case of your original activation not
    being recognized because of all this.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 7, 2008