    I ask, as the MS site makes a lot of "your organisation" etc...

    Thanks,
    Ben

    BWGames, Nov 19, 2004

  2. BWGames

    T-Bone Guest

    I think there are some other requirements to sign up as an MS partner.
    However, most people just download the free demo versions of the software. A
    lot of them even come with the study books.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Nov 22, 2004

  3. BWGames

    BWGames Guest

    That's true, but I'm a freelance software developer and maintain some
    systems as well, so it looks like I would qualify....

    "
    The Microsoft Action Pack is for Partners who sell Microsoft products or
    provide solutions, based on Microsoft products and technologies, to
    third-party customers. Partners include resellers, consultants, value-added
    resellers and providers, system integrators, developers, System Builders,
    hosts, service providers and IT professionals. "

    Hadn't thought of it that way - thanks. Plus, it seems theres nothing
    required to sign up as a Registered Partner.

    Ben

    BWGames, Nov 22, 2004
  4. BWGames

    T-Bone Guest

    Except you have to give them all your business info, including your tax ID.

    It does sound good though. However, I can't find where to get some of the
    info without signing up. How much does the action pack cost?

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Hi Ben,

    You can usually buy software at the "Academic" price at a college bookstore
    if you are a student.

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 22, 2004
  6. BWGames

    BWGames Guest

    Hmmm, I'm in the UK; just signed up for the Partner program - didn't ask
    for a tax id, only a VAT ID (which you only need if you're turnover is
    greater than ?58,000/year), and it didn't ask for any company registration
    number or anything....
    It's ?200/year for the Action Pack here. I might get it at some later date.

    BWGames, Nov 22, 2004
  7. BWGames

    Kev Guest

    i am an Action pack subscriber I do occational consulting
    but like it mostly becasue I always have the lastest
    server, desktop and office software. I think the first
    year was $299 US and each year to renew is $199 US. To
    get/buy the Action pack you do have to be at least a
    Registered Partner. I think most people could qualify for
    Registered Partner status. Answer the questions if you
    qualify then you can buy the Action Pack. It cost nothing
    to be a Registered Partner. The tools, software and
    Partner guide are great for cert. training. and Unlike 120
    day demo's the software is NFR and won't expire, but are
    only licensed while your Action PAck is current.

    Kev

    Kev, Nov 24, 2004
  8. BWGames

    BWGames Guest

    Thanks - this is my rationale for getting it. I do occasional consulting
    for people/advice etc, its not what I do full time (still in education),
    but I can't see a problem with it. If it gets me a MCP cert, and lets me
    recommend stuff to people (which is the whole point of it?), MS should be
    happy...

    BWGames, Nov 26, 2004
  9. BWGames

    T-Bone Guest

    The other option is Technet Plus, which is probably more expensive, but you
    now get full versions of the "Office system" and "Windows Server system"
    software, plus beta software.

    T-Bone, Dec 2, 2004