Acronis TrueImage & problems making image disk via CD-R

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fucknutzoid, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. fucknutzoid

    fucknutzoid Guest

    I'm having a little trouble with Acronis TrueImage; let me see if I can
    explain.

    I was trying to back up the contents of my c: drive to a CD-R, but
    whenever I get to the point where it's asking me to put the first CD-R
    disk in the drive and click OK, I get "Error: device is busy. Please
    press Retry to continue with Volume 1 or press Cancel to cancel the
    operation and quit."

    I'm have a LiteOn CD-R drive that I normally use Nero 5.5 software to
    burn with. And nothing's going on with it at the time, except for me
    inserting the CD-R disk. It's been burning other stuff fine, with no
    errors.

    I was able to make an image of my c: drive and put it on a slave drive
    with no problem. But I'd like to have it on CD-R as a spare.

    Is there an issue with LiteOn CD-R drives and TrueImage?

    I even tried rebooting and starting again, but no luck.

    I emailed Acronis Tech Support, but they were no help.

    Hope somebody in here can point the way - thanks!

    fucknutzoid, Nov 23, 2003

  2. fucknutzoid

    fucknutzoid Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion - I was actually using the Acronis software to
    try and create the image.

    I didn't check the website for compatibility with my LiteOn drive;
    that's my next move. Thanks!!

    fucknutzoid, Nov 23, 2003

  3. fucknutzoid

    fucknutzoid Guest

    Quick question - should I be copying these images onto CD-RWs, after I
    format the CD-RW disks? 'Cause I was just trying to burn them onto
    regular CD-Rs, and I think that may be part of the problem. Whenever I
    tried to burn the images, I would get the same kind of error you would
    get if you tried to copy something to a floppy drive but didn't have a
    disk in it.

    fucknutzoid, Nov 24, 2003