Acronis True Image 9.0

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by PaulM, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. PaulM

    PaulM Guest

    This is what i receive from Acronis:

    Please note that the new version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Enterprise Server
    will support Windows XP 64x operating systems. We expect the release of this
    new version in the nearest time.

    You can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and
    restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image onto a Windows 32-bit
    machine and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can then
    uninstall Acronis True Image. As the Acronis True Image Bootable CD boots
    you into the Linux environment you can use it to back up and restore your
    64-bit OS.

    If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to
    contact us at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do our
    best to help you as soon as possible.

    Thank you.

    PaulM, Mar 3, 2006

  2. That's what I did on my machine, and it worked just fine. Once you have the
    Acronis boot CD, you're basically OS independent.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2006