Acquiring the licenses for voice & video CODECs

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by dwadsworth, Jun 19, 2006.

  1. dwadsworth

    dwadsworth

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Who does one contact about acquiring the licenses for the following CODECs:

    Voice: G.723, G.729

    Video: H.263, H.264

    So far I have only found the following ways to go:

    1. get licenses from all those who own patent rights to the CODECs see http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/dbase/patent/index.html

    2. buy the CODEC from someone like Intel (800-538-3373), e.g., ® Integrated Performance Primitives
    http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/perflib/ipp/index.htm who already worked out some license agreement with the patent holders.

    Are there any other alternatives???

    dwadsworth, Jun 19, 2006

  2. dwadsworth