    Does anyone knows on the ACK 600 power adaptor what part of the conector
    (the outside or the inside pin) is the possitive one?

    TIA

    Fernando Margueirat, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Fernando Margueirat

    Graham Guest

    "Oh, thats easy, it's stamped on the rubber cover. I'll just go check it
    now."

    Oh.
    It's not.
    And it's not in the manual either.

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=polarity canon&safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&lr=&hl=en>

    Specifically, for the A40 adapter:
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...&selm=b072t2$m7t0g$>

    But wait, here's a definitive answer for the A70:
    <http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...lm=mJtDa.1$>

    Both agree, centre pin positive.

    Graham, Aug 26, 2003

  3. I know. I guess they use it as a way of forcing you to buy a u$s 40 adapter
    when you could probably find a similar one (if you knew the polarity) for
    u$s 8.

    Thanks anyways.

    Fernando Margueirat, Aug 30, 2003