Acer cant parse simple engrish!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Aug 15, 2009.

  1. Dig it. This is cut & pasted from a suport email about the lappy. They cant
    figure out that I'm trying to use a CD/RW drive! D'OH! Plus...why is *gateway*
    providing tech support on a ACER product? What a mess...

    Acer eRecovery Management

    Discussion Thread
    Response (Bibin_GWSI350) - 08/13/2009 04:57 PM
    Dear Snuhwolf,

    Thank you for contacting Gateway. Ill be happy to assist you with the back up
    issue.

    As per our records, your system is registered. The software of your system is
    out of warranty and hardware is in warranty.

    Please click the link given below to get an assistance for the system backup:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/acer.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_faqid=277&
    p_created=1203428695

    From the information that you have provided, I understand that you are using a
    USB DVD drive.
    So please make sure that the USB port is working fine, while plugging other
    devices to it.

    Your SR number for this issue is XXXXXXXXXX
    For further assistance you can visit our website http://support.gateway.com
    Have a nice day!

    Respectfully,
    Gateway Online Technical Support.

    Customer (Snuhwolf) - 08/13/2009 02:53 PM
    When I try to create system backup disks I get error "no optical drives found".
    I have USB CD/RW attached and it works with Nero on this netbook.
    Please advise.
    Best Regards,
    Snuhwolf
    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 15, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f

    Mike Easter Guest

    Acer acquired gateway in late 2007 when gateway shares were way down to
    barely over a dollar from the previous highs of in the $80s.

    A few months later Acer acquired Packard Bell.

    Mike Easter, Aug 15, 2009

  3. PB was a better product. And they're considered the bottom end.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 15, 2009
    Wondering which Asian OEM manufacturer will buy the remains of Dell?

    Caulfield Man, Aug 15, 2009
  5. §ñühw¤£f

    Mara Guest

    That brought back memories - my first "IBM clone" was a PB Pentium 133 when they
    first came out, running Geos. Man, that was a long time ago.

    Mara, Aug 15, 2009
  6. Oh yeh...you likey roundeye!
    Me love you long time...

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 16, 2009