    Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
    Audio: Realtek AC'97

    Thanks for any tips.

    Guest, Dec 9, 2005

  2. You have identified the manufacturers, so check for x64 drivers -- and
    firmware updates for the DVD drive - on their websites.

    Dominic Payer, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversion/index.php/t8657.html may help

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, Barb. I found that thread very encouraging and helpful.

    Guest, Dec 10, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Woo-hoo! I got it installed, with only 3 devices banged-out: Wireless LAN,
    Audio, and the modem. The Ferrari 4000 drivers for the first two work fine,
    but not for the modem. This may not be an issue, if I never use the modem.
    Worst case, I'll boot into 32-bit XP for that.

    Display is not perfect. The driver only goes up to 1280x768, while the
    widescreen LCD is 1280x800. The image is sretched vertically, causing some
    messy text in Windows Explorer, etc. Is there a solution for this?

    I haven't tried any apps yet, but will soon, after I get all updates
    applied, and some anti-virus installed...

    Guest, Dec 11, 2005
  6. Guest

    Barb Bowman Guest

    look around in the other Acer Notebook directories on the FTP site for
    64 bit drivers and see if they match the banged devices.. Don't have
    an answer on the display. Try planetamd64 for other drivers?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Dec 11, 2005
  7. Guest

    Colin Nowell Guest

    If you haven't already got it, you'll need to go here
    http://www.sis.com/download/agreement.php?id=155868 and download the 64bit
    version of the driver (64vga365.zip) for your display adaptor... (be aware
    that you'll need to download an ActiveX control first which is the SiS
    Download Manager)

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Dec 11, 2005