    Any suggestion apart from using another program?

    Thanks

    ppp

    ppp, Dec 11, 2006

  2. ppp

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Dec 11, 2006

  3. It does take it a bit of time to generate the thumbnails for the RAW files.
    Especially if you have hundreds or thousands of them. Opening to edit should
    be much faster, but thumbnail generation is a lot slower.

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Dec 11, 2006
  4. ppp

    Mark² Guest

    When you first install ACDSee, it is spending a great deal of processor
    power creating a cache of thumbnails for the thumbnail database it creates.
    It only does this once for each photo, but RAW files take considerably more
    processing to build thumbs from. So...it is likely simultaneously
    processing the thumb creation WHILE also opening the RAW file (which
    requires a degree of either conversion or extraction), which can lead to
    initial slowness.

    To test this, return to a folder of RAW files AFTER it has created all
    thumbnail images for each photo in that folder. You should see significant
    improvement.

    Mark², Dec 12, 2006
  5. ppp

    Mark² Guest

    One more thought:

    Keep in mind that even Canon's own RAW conversion takes longer than that to
    convert a single image.
    ACDSee has to essentially convert the file in order for you to view it.

    Mark², Dec 12, 2006
  6. ppp

    ppp Guest

    ">>