    pictures were taken. However, ACDSee 6.02 shows it in this format:
    2004-01-31 09-47-56.
    Is there any way to change the format in which this date/time is displayed,
    for example, like 31/01/2004, 09:47:56?

    Vedran Dracic, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Vedran Dracic

    JunkMonkey Guest

    I don't know of any way to do this, however I would remind you that the
    ccyy-mm-dd (century,Year, month, day) method of storing dates makes it very
    easy for the system to do sorts by date in either ascending or descending
    mode. The method you want WILL slow down a simple database system.

    Strangely, my time settings DO use colons :)) as separators. I wonder if
    this could be a setup issue that varies from country to country?

    JunkMonkey, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Vedran Dracic

    Mark M Guest

    If you're ever going to sort by date easily, the above format is precisely
    what you want.

    Think of it as one long number...
    Sorting it this way makes much more sense because it can then sort it by
    year, month and date...in that order.

    Mark M, Feb 9, 2004