    not user friendly.

    Question: Who is using ACD FotoCanvas? and how good is it for what you do?

    john

    JohnF, Sep 26, 2003

  2. JohnF

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Canon PhotoStich isn't bad for free panorama sitching software. You might
    want to get your sister to install that.

    Also, for free, Zoombrowser isn't bad either. As for ACDsee, it's another
    30-$50.00.

    Lucas Tam, Sep 26, 2003

  3. JohnF

    Ptarmigan Guest

    | |
    | > When Sis bought her Canon A70, I discouraged her from installing the
    | > "camera" software.
    |
    | Canon PhotoStich isn't bad for free panorama sitching software. You might
    | want to get your sister to install that.
    |
    | Also, for free, Zoombrowser isn't bad either. As for ACDsee, it's another
    | 30-$50.00.
    |
    | --
    | Lucas Tam ()
    | Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
    | http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

    If you check ACDSee's web site you will see that version 6 is being launched
    and they will do a good deal on the full package, photocanvas etc for $39 or
    39 Euros.
    HTH

    Brian--
    Checked using Norton Antivirus 2004

    Ptarmigan, Sep 26, 2003
  4. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    Thanks to both of you!

    Of course, we've already paid for ACDSee 5. It's worth every penny. And the
    version 6 upgrade with full version of FotoCanvas is attractive.

    That's why I'm asking for comments based on real experience from real users.

    Perhaps ZoomBrowser isn't "bad", but is it good? Is it better than ACDSee?

    John

    JohnF, Sep 26, 2003
  5. JohnF

    Flip Guest

    Howdy. I just went through looking at a bunch of SW for manipulating images
    and it seems like ACDsee wins hands down. I'm just having a hard time
    parting with the $50US for it. :< I found the new upgraded ZoomBrowser to
    be ok, but it fell short with fast and batch renaming, as well as poor at
    rotating images. After 5000 pics from my S300, I guess you could say I've
    pushed a few imaging programs. Since reading ACDSee is coming out with v6,
    I think I might get that one! The fast renaming, the rotating, and batch
    renaming is key to going through a hundred pics getting them ready for a
    website.

    Flip, Sep 26, 2003
  6. JohnF

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    ACDSee is pushing now a package for $45 (6.0).
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 26, 2003
  7. JohnF

    Lucas Tam Guest

    ACDSee is definately better... however, Zoombrowser is pretty usable.

    You may want to install Canon Photostitch. It does a pretty good job of
    producing panoramas, unless you have a better tool like Panorama factory.

    BTW, I use ACDsee myself : )

    Lucas Tam, Sep 26, 2003
  8. JohnF

    Birk Binnard Guest

    Check out free FotoAlbum at fototime.com. It's quite good.

    Birk Binnard, Sep 26, 2003
  9. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    Thanks.
    Do you use Fototime's services? Which services? Does FotoTime print pictures
    for you?

    From a quick look at the specs, I don't see how FotoAlbum is any better than
    other free image management software. Perhaps it is ideal if you are also
    buying FotoTime servcies.

    Tell us about your specific experience.

    John

    JohnF, Sep 26, 2003
  10. JohnF

    Mars Guest

    In
    Hi,
    How is ZoomBrowser poor at rotating images ?
    It does it looselesly, too.
    As for free & powerful batch renaming, please try TheRename or Rename
    Master.
    I love ACDSee for browsing thru pics though.

    Mars, Sep 26, 2003
  11. JohnF

    Paul L Guest

    I don't see the v6 announcement anywhere. Where is it?

    Paul L, Sep 27, 2003
  12. JohnF

    Markeau Guest

    WHERE???? I'm a registered 5.0 user and don't see 6.0 anywhere

    Markeau, Sep 27, 2003
  13. JohnF

    JunkMonkey Guest

    I expect you'll get a notice in the next day or two. It's in a pre release
    offer mode for registered users, (at least Powerpack users, in the US
    anyway). To be released to the general public sometime in October. I
    downloaded it night before last. The best part is color management in
    fotoSlate and fotoCanvas, but strangely, not in ACDsee proper.

    Powerpack got rid of fotoAngelo, I don't know if it's going away or what.
    I LIKED fotoAngelo! The upgrade offer included a third party slide show
    package called PhotoShow 2. The user interface and some of the features
    seem a little too cute for my tastes, but we'll see.

    JunkMonkey, Sep 27, 2003
  14. JohnF

    HRosita Guest

    I got a newsletter from them.

    Why don't you call them on the phone and ask ?.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Sep 27, 2003
  15. JohnF

    Tony Guest

    Has anyone tried BreezeBrowser against the ones already mentioned?

    Tony, Sep 28, 2003