accounting software - web based maybe

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Andrew, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    im currently using MYOB accounting software, But i have reached the need to
    have multi user support (over a network) - 2 users accessing the data file
    at the same time, Ive spoken with MYOB and to do this i need to upgrade my
    Version 12 to accounting plus version 6 - however this will cost me over
    $1000 - which is quite alot - considering my version only costed $300 odd

    So, im looking for a new solution, Web based would be nice

    Does anyone know of any Open source small business accounting packages
    available? - or maybe a package from another vendor, ive looked at Quicken -
    but didnt really like it

    Features required:
    invoicing clients
    entering supplier invoices
    Email support - emailing invoices (this is a must)
    GST/Tax support

    MYOB is pretty good, but if there is a better solution i wouldnt mind trying
    it out

    Any comments appreciated - Except silly ones!

    Cheers
    Andrew

    Andrew, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Andrew

    sal Guest

    Modernbill ?

    sal, Dec 9, 2003

  3. All the Multiuser stuff is around this price.

    Look at Quickbooks Pro 5 user. It's worth it, but is about $1100 IIRC.
    Gnucash - a Quicken workalike. Look on Freshmeat.net for others.
    We found Quickbooks was better and produces output which our accountant
    could import for audits (cost reductions!)
    MYOB ran out of steam at about 1000 clients which wasn't helpful.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Andrew

    Matt B Guest

    In
    Moneyworks - www.cognito.co.nz

    Oh, and "floogle"
    (Couldn't resist)
    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Looks good - but cost the same as myob - so prob should just stick with it

    Andrew, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Andrew

    Matt B Guest

    In
    trust me - it's well worth a look, try the demo

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Matt B, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Andrew

    Mike Dee Guest

    Open source? GnuCash perhaps?
    <http://www.au.gnucash.org/>

    Mike Dee, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Andrew

    me here Guest

    Have a look at SQL Ledger (www.sql-ledger.org)

    Web based and seems well recommended but I have never used it.

    Gavin

    me here, Dec 10, 2003
  9. I would 2nd this suggestion and do use it.

    William Hamilton, Dec 11, 2003